On Longing




 "To have a souvenir of the exotic is to possess both a specimen and a trophy." 

I chose this photo of a dime that I found because in my family dimes are very special. I was always told that is you find a dime it means someone is looking out for you. After my mom passed I started finding them a lot more and every time I do I reminded that she is still with me.  I keep all the dimes I find a jar next to a photo of my mom and I.


"The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale." 


This is a photo I took of a bridge in Jacksonville at sunset I chose this photo to go along with this quote because I thought it was a good representation of showing scale between a person and a large object (the bridge)


"The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental  and the three-dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body."


This is a photo of a card that you get from one of those fortune telling machines. It reminds me of a very fond memory I have with two of my good friends where we spent hours just walking around and doing random things together. I relate it to this quote because even though the image doesn't really communicate the memory completely every time I see it or hold it I can visualize and remember the whole thing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momento