Experimental Sculpture Collection





Sculpture Collection
Masking tape, wood glue, wood, wire, ink.
6"x 4"

















Reflection Statement


My experimental sculpture collection entitles ‘Edges’ was inspired by several unique sculpture techniques and materials. My intent was to communicate the versatility of each material and how they can be disguised and used as interesting elements in a piece. I focused on making each sculpture unique and using different styles and materials for each one on order to show the versatility. I decided to add ink to the wood glue to add color and create a visually interesting element. I felt that the work was lacking in some structure but overall they each held their own. I want to keep exploring and learning the different materials and techniques used in abstract sculpture. This taught me to let go of representation and exposed me to new ideas that I hope to include in my future work. 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Longing

Momento